Fundamentals of Nursing: Human Health and Function 8th Edition-ORIGINAL PDF helps you efficiently foster the critical thinking and clinical communication skills students need to succeed throughout the nursing curriculum and today’s challenging clinical settings. This big-picture approach immerses students in a proven nursing framework that clarifies key capabilities, with an emphasis on the growing importance of clinical safety and research-based practice that helps students ensure patient safety and effect the best possible clinical outcomes.
Highlights of the 8th Edition:
- A timely new chapter —Chapter 4, The Nurse’s Role in Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety—responds to multiple imperatives in today’s health care, helping students understand systems that promote exceptional care in a complex environment.
- Case scenarios that open each chapter show nurses thinking holistically and reflecting on critical thinking questions.
- All-new, richly illustrated concept maps , ideal for visual learners, apply the nursing process and critical thinking to the chapter-opening case scenarios.
- PICO (patient/problem, intervention, comparison, outcome) displays illustrate examples of a structured, evidence-based way to find answers to clinical questions related to the chapter-opening case scenarios.
- Concept Mastery Alerts improve students’ understanding of potentially confusing topics, as identified by Misconception Alerts in Lippincott’s Adaptive Learning Powered by PrepU.
- Apply Your Critical Thinking features guide students to explore concepts and situations more deeply. Answers in Appendix B allow students to check their thinking.
- Patient Care Plans and Procedures sections (including some newly added procedures) help students transition from the classroom to nursing practice.
- NCLEX-style Review Questions prepare students for success on the NCLEX exam.
- A robust ancillary package is provided for instructors and students .