Maternity and Women’s Health Care Twelfth Edition (& Womens 12th ed/12e)
- Publisher : Mosby; 12th edition (September 10, 2019)
- Language : English
- Format: ORIGINAL PDF/PRINT REPLICA : 896 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323556299
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323556293
Stay up-to-date with the latest in women’s health! Maternity and Women’s Health Care, 12th Edition provides evidence-based coverage of everything you need to know about caring for women of childbearing age. The new edition is thoroughly updated and consistent with the NCLEX® test plan, focusing on prioritization of care and how best to work among interprofessional teams. As in previous editions, this text emphasizes childbearing concerns like newborn care, wellness promotion and the management of women’s health problems. The 12th edition integrates the continuum of care throughout, focusing on the importance of understanding family, culture, and community-based care along with new medication alerts, future trends in contraception, human trafficking, the zika virus, and more! Content on many high-risk conditions has been updated to reflect newly published guidelines.
- Expert authors of the market-leading maternity nursing textbook deliver the most accurate, up-to-date content.
- Clinical Reasoning Case Studies provide you with opportunities to critically analyze a client situation and utilize clinical reasoning skills to identify priorities in care.”
- Community Activity boxes focus on maternal and new born activities that can be pursued in local community settings and online and illustrate nursing care in a variety of settings including assisting clients locating resources.
- Cultural Considerations stress the importance of considering the beliefs and health practices of clients and their families from various cultures when providing care.
- Emergency boxes provide information about various emergency situations and offer a quick reference in critical situations.
- Medication Guides provide key information about commonly used medications with specific nursing implications.
- Nursing Care Plans identify priority client problems and concerns along with appropriate interventions and rationale.
- Highlighted Safety alerts integrated within the content draw attention to developing competencies related to safe nursing practice.
- Signs of potential complications highlight vital concerns, alerting you to signs and symptoms of complications and the immediate interventions to provide.
- Teaching for Self-Management boxes highlight important information that you need to communicate to patients and families for follow-up care.
- Medication Alerts highlighted and integrated within the content alert you to critical drug information that must be considered to provide safe client care.
- NEW! Enhanced focus on prioritization of care in clinical reasoning case studies and nursing care plans is consistent with NCLEX® updates.
- NEW! Recognition of the importance of interprofessional care covers the roles of the various members of the interprofessional healthcare team.
- UPDATED! Content on many high-risk conditions updated to reflect newly published guidelines.
- NEW! Information about the Zika virus gives you the most current practice guidelines to help you provide quality care.
- NEW! Coverage of future trends in contraception help increase your awareness of developing ideas in pregnancy prevention.
- Content on gestational diabetes and breast cancer screening cover newly published guidelines.
- NEW! Added content on human trafficking provides you with examples and ideas on how to counsel victims and their families.
OTHER PDF & CME VIDEOS YOU MAY LIKE
Neonatal Care for Nurses and Midwives, 2nd Edition
Leading and Managing in Nursing 8th Edition
Nursing Ethics: Across the Curriculum and Into Practice 6th Edition
Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
Neonatal Nursing in Australia and New Zealand: Principles for Practice 1st Edition
Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing 8th Edition