Mosby’s Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing Assistants 8th Edition Eighth ed 8e
With its highly visual format, topical information, and easy-to-follow guidance, Mosby’s Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing Assistants, 8th Edition is the perfect resource to help you master the ins and outs of long-term care. One hundred step-by-step procedures ― all written at the sixth-grade reading level ― provide clear instructions for completing skills. Helpful spotlight boxes and realistic patient scenarios reinforce the nursing assistant’s roles and responsibilities that are needed in today’s long-term care settings. New features in this edition include an all-new chapter on culture and religion; a new chapter on career management and getting hired; new procedures; and updated content on topical issues like confusion and dementia, hypertension, American Heart Association CPR, cancer, and more. As with previous editions, the focus on OBRA content and patient quality of life will underscore competent and respectful care.
- 6th grade reading level and concise coverage helps readers of all levels and abilities (particularly ESL individuals) easily understand and master important long-term care concepts and procedures.
- 100 step-by-step procedures are divided into pre-procedure, procedure, and post-procedure sections for easier learning.
- Residents with Dementia boxes cover the special needs of older persons with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Promoting Safety and Comfort boxes emphasize the need to provide safe care while making a patient more comfortable.
- Delegation Guidelines boxes describe what information the nursing assistant needs from the nurse and the care plan to perform safe care; as well as what information to report and record.
- Quality-of-Life boxes reinforce the importance of patients’ rights and enhancing their quality of life when giving care.
- Teamwork and Time Management boxes illustrate ways to work efficiently within the health ...
Mosby’s Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing Assistants 8th Edition
by Clare Kostelnick RN BSN (Author)
- Publisher : Mosby; 8th edition (April 9, 2019)
- Language : English
- FORMAT: ORIGINAL PDF/PRINT REPLICA
- ISBN-10 : 0323530737
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323530736
About the Author
Clare Kostelnick is professor emeritus at Des Moines Area Community College where she continues to teach nursing assistant courses. She received her BSN from the Brokaw School of Nursing of Illinois Wesleyan University. She began her career as a registered nurse serving in the US Army Nurse Corps. Having achieved the rank of captain, she spent most of her military career working in emergency care. Clare’s 45 years of nursing experience also includes working in critical care as a staff nurse, a home care and hospice staff nurse, a long-term care staff nurse and consultant, and a coordinator of an assisted living facility. She has taught nursing assistant classes for over 20 years. Clare is a cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) instructor for the American Heart Association and is a member of the Iowa Health Educators Association.
OTHER PDF & CME VIDEOS YOU MAY LIKE
Neonatal Care for Nurses and Midwives, 2nd Edition
Leading and Managing in Nursing 8th Edition
Nursing Ethics: Across the Curriculum and Into Practice 6th Edition
Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
Neonatal Nursing in Australia and New Zealand: Principles for Practice 1st Edition
Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing 8th Edition
Have a coupon of ©Mosby’s Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing Assistants 8th Edition Eighth ed 8e Redeem it below and save an extra 20%. Terms and Conditions apply