Nursing Today : Transition and Trends 11th Edition (Transition & Trends eleventh ed 11e)
Make a smooth transition from nursing school into the practice setting with Nursing Today, 11th Edition!With this book, you will gain a solid understanding of the issues and trends that affect the nursing profession. Not only will you graduate with patient care skills, but you will advance your career with insights into writing a resume, interviewing, finding a job, and obtaining specialty certifications. This edition takes a deeper look into topics such as workplace bullying, conflict management, cultural and spiritual awareness, and the new question types found on the Next Generation NCLEX® examination. Written by well-known nursing educators JoAnn Zerwekh and Ashley Zerwekh Garneau, this easy-to-read text prepares you for success on the NCLEX-RN® exam and in professional nursing practice.
- FORMAT: ORIGINAL PDF/PRINT REPLICA
Nursing Today: Transition and Trends 11th Edition
- Publisher : Elsevier; 11th edition (September 15, 2022)
- Language : English
- FORMAT: ORIGINAL PDF/PRINT REPLICA
- ISBN-10 : 0323810152
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323810159
- Thorough coverage prepares you for a professional career with an introduction to historical and present-day nursing as well as legal, ethical, political, and workplace issues.
- Learning objectives, humorous cartoons, and a pithy quote introduce the content in each chapter.
- Critical Thinking boxes ask you to apply your knowledge to the practice setting.
- Coverage of QSEN competencies addresses effective communication, team building, evidence-based practice, patient safety, and quality assurance.
- Tips for transitioning into the workplace are included in chapters such as NCLEX-RN® Exam and the New Graduate, Employment Considerations: Opportunities, Resumes, and Interviewing; and Mentorship, Preceptorship, and Nurse Residency Programs.
- Career advancement tools include time management, communication and delegation, how to write an effective resume, interviewing tips, guidelines for using social media, attaining certification in a nursing specialty, and self-care strategies.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes summarize practice Issues, implications for nursing practice, and the references for the evidence.
- Research for Best Practice boxes highlight the research evidence that supports clinical practice.
- NEW! NCLEX-RN® Exam and the New Graduate chapter outlines the Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Project and explains the different types of NGN test items that will be on the 2023 NGN exam, and includes an NGN NCLEX exam-style case study showcasing the six cognitive skills in the NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model (NCJMN).
- NEW! Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) examination-style questions build your clinical judgment and decision-making skills.
- NEW! Impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic is described as it relates to nursing education and practice.
- NEW! Cultural and Spiritual Awareness chapter is expanded with a focus on social determinants of health (SDOH) and strategies for building cultural and linguistic competency skills and practicing cultural sensitivity in the workplace setting.
- UPDATED! Personal Management chapter includes new information about incorporating mindfulness and building resiliency into your practice, as well as several mindfulness and resiliency exercises that you can begin practicing right now!
- UPDATED! Employment Considerations: Opportunities, Resumes, and Interviewing chapter offers additional tips for responding to questions during an in-person, phone, or virtual job interview.
- UPDATED! Conflict Management chapter adds more content about sexual harassment and strategies for resolving conflict both personally and professionally.
- UPDATED! Workplace Issues chapter is expanded to include bullying, incivility, and safe patient handling.
- UPDATED! Nursing Informatics chapter includes new information on the next generation of health care delivery with topics such as patient engagement, robotics, and artificial intelligence.
- UPDATED! Nursing Education chapter adds new information about the nursing demographic profile and the nursing shortage.
OTHER PDF & CME VIDEOS YOU MAY LIKE
Neonatal Care for Nurses and Midwives, 2nd Edition
Leading and Managing in Nursing 8th Edition
Nursing Ethics: Across the Curriculum and Into Practice 6th Edition
Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing
Neonatal Nursing in Australia and New Zealand: Principles for Practice 1st Edition
Introduction to Maternity and Pediatric Nursing 8th Edition
Have a coupon of ©Nursing Today : Transition and Trends 11th Edition (Transition & Trends eleventh ed 11e) Redeem it below and save an extra 20%. Terms and Conditions apply