Get a solid foundation in cardiovascular and pulmonary physiology and rehabilitation! Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Physical Therapy: Evidence and Practice, 6th Edition provides a balanced and holistic approach to the full spectrum of cardiopulmonary physical therapy. From assessment to interventions, this book guides you through the management of patients with acute and chronic conditions, those in intensive care units, and of special populations such as children and the elderly. Case studies demonstrate evidence-based practice, and scientific research enhances your clinical decision making. Now including an enhanced eBook version, this text details the latest best practices to help you achieve the best physical therapy outcomes.
- Coverage of evidence-based practice includes the latest research from leading top-tier journals to support physical therapist clinical reasoning and decision making.
- Realistic scenarios and case examples show the application of concepts to evidence-based practice.
- Holistic approach supports treating the whole person rather than just the symptoms of a disease or disorder, covering medical, physiological, psychological, psychosocial, therapeutic, practical, and methodological aspects.
- Full-color photos and illustrations enhance your understanding of the book’s concepts, ideas, and management considerations.
- Emphasis on the terminology and guidelines of the APTA’s Guide to Physical Therapist Practice keeps the book consistent with the practice standards in physical therapy, including the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health.
- Primary and secondary cardiovascular and pulmonary conditions are emphasized, along with their co-existence.
- Multimorbidity focus is usedrather than a single-disease framework, with attention to implications for assessment, management, and evaluation.
- Integrated approach to oxygen transport demonstrates how the cardiovascular and pulmonary systems function interdependently to support all organ systems.
- Key terms and review questions in each chapter focus your learning on important concepts and translating these into practice.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest research and clinical practice in the field.
- NEW! Enhanced eBook version is included with print purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
- NEW! Video clips, interviews with authors and other experts in their fields, and more are included.
- NEW! Expanded contributions from experts from multiple countries maximize the validity of content.
OTHER PDF & CME VIDEOS YOU MAY REVIEW