A Comprehensive Guide to Hidradenitis Suppurativa
- Format ORIGINAL PDF / PRINT REPLICA
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (January 21, 2022)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 0323777244
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323777247
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
Despite being a relatively straightforward clinical diagnosis, recognition of hidradenitis suppurativa (HS) is highly variable, and clinical management is challenging and complex. Written by the world’s leading experts in HS, A Comprehensive Guide to Hidradenitis Suppurativa brings together up-to-date scientific evidence on the diagnosis, patho-mechanisms, comorbidities, and multi-faceted medical and surgical interventions for this debilitating condition-in one convenient reference.
- Covers every aspect of this complex skin disorder: etiology, pathophysiology, epidemiology, medical, alternative therapies, a range of surgical options, laser treatments, and comorbidities.
- Discusses specific patient populations such as children, women of childbearing potential, and pregnant and breastfeeding women. Because HS has higher prevalence in people of skin of color, this patient population is well-documented in the text.
- Offers insights into multi-disciplinary care, patient support and education, patients at risk for rapid disease progression, and clinical and translational research.
- Features procedural videos covering laser therapies, de-roofing procedures, excision techniques, cryoinsufflation techniques, and special wound care material selection and techniques.
- Includes promising future drugs and therapies that are under investigation.
- Identifies evidence gaps that provide a springboard to the future innovations in HS care to come.
- Edited and authored by global experts who have helped co-author U.S., Canadian, and European guidelines on HS.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.