Alexander’s Care of the Patient in Surgery 17th Edition
This Core Title is available today
Alexander’s Care of the Patient in Surgery, 17th Edition is the definitive resource for nurses and surgical technologists training for a career in the operating room. Illustrated, step-by-step instructions cover patient care in more than 400 surgical interventions, including patient positioning, instrumentation, and postoperative care. Along with the latest on robotic surgery and a review of evidence-based guidelines, this edition includes new coverage of COVID-19 and gender affirmation surgery. From well-known educator Jane C. Rothrock ― and with every chapter authored by an expert nurse ― Alexander’s gives you the tools you need to pass the CNOR© certification exam and succeed in the surgical setting.
Alexander’s Care of the Patient in Surgery Seventeenth Edition
by Jane C. Rothrock PhD RN CNOR FAAN (Author)
- Publisher : Elsevier; 17th edition (August 22, 2022)
- Language : English
- FORMAT: ORIGINAL PDF/PRINT REPLICA
- ISBN-10 : 0323776809
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323776806
THIS BOOK OFFERS!
- Comprehensive coverage includes basic perioperative nursingprinciples, such as patient and environmental safety, infection prevention, patient positioning, anesthesia and pain management, and the unique needs of special populations such as pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Coverage of more than 400 general and specialty surgical interventions includes minimally invasive and robotic-assisted surgical procedures, whether performed in a hospital, ambulatory surgery setting, or in a doctor’s office.
- Perioperative nursing considerations are presented within the nursing process framework and include assessment, nursing diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, evaluation, discharge planning, and patient and family education.
- More than 1,000 full-color photos and illustrations show surgical anatomy, procedures, methods, and equipment.
- Sample plans of care include nursing diagnoses, outcomes, and interventions.
- Research Highlight and Evidence for Practice boxes discuss recommendations for applying current scientific research to patient care.
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery boxes highlight a rapidly expanding surgical modality.