Anatomy and Physiology for Paramedical Practice 1st Edition by Roger W. Soames BSc(Human Biology) PhD(Human Sciences) (Author), Abduelmenem Alashkham MBBS MSc PhD (Author)
- Publisher : Elsevier; 1st edition (September 28, 2023)
- Language : English
- Format: Original PDF / Print replica
- ISBN-10 : 0443115176
- ISBN-13 : 978-0443115172
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
Unlike other textbooks, anatomy and physiology are presented by body region, rather than system (chest rather than respiratory system) – the way that paramedics are likely to approach a patient when dealing with acute illness or trauma. It will help you understand how the body is organised, its underlying anatomical structure, in terms of gross anatomy, histology and/or cell biology, and then how anatomy and physiology are applied in clinical practice.
The underlying tenet of this book is that a sound anatomical knowledge underpins successful understanding of physiology and physiological processes. As such, it will be invaluable not only for undergraduate and postgraduate students in paramedicine/emergency medicine, but for many other healthcare professionals to brush up on their knowledge.
- Specifically designed to enable student paramedics to fully appreciate the human body and its functioning
- Guides the reader through different regions of the body in a logical and coherent way
- Covers anatomy first, followed by the physiology of the various structures
- Extensive cross referencing to other relevant regions to enable full understanding of these both individually and in connection to one another
- Clearly written text supported by relevant and informative illustrations
- Text boxes covering applied anatomy, clinical anatomy, applied physiology and clinical physiology
- Self-test multiple choice questions in each chapter