Anesthesia and Analgesia in Laboratory Animals (American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine) 3rd Edition Third ed by Melissa Dyson (Editor), Paulin Jirkof (Editor), Jennie Lofgren (Editor), Elizabeth Nunamaker (Editor), Daniel Pang (Editor)
- Publisher : Academic Press; 3rd edition (June 1, 2023)
- Language : English
- Format: Original PDF / Print replica
- ISBN-10 : 0128222158
- ISBN-13 : 978-0128222157
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
Anesthesia and Analgesia in Laboratory Animals focuses on the special anesthetic, analgesic and postoperative care requirements associated with experimental interventions. Fully revised and updated, this new edition provides the reader with agents, methods and techniques for anesthesia and analgesia that ensure humane, reproducible, and successful procedural outcomes. Sections cover ethical, regulatory and scientific considerations, principles of anesthesia and analgesia, anesthetic equipment and monitoring, periprocedural care, including dedicated chapters to the assessment and management of pain in laboratory species, and practical considerations by species, including relevant anatomy, physiology, and behavior of a broad range of lab animal species.
This will be a complete reference for veterinarians involved in lab animal research as well as senior graduate, graduate students, post-docs and researchers who utilize animals in biomedical research.
- Provides researchers with the most comprehensive and up-to-date review of the use of anesthesia and analgesia in laboratory animals
- Includes complete coverage of agents’ impact in research outcomes
- Thoroughly updated with new material on ferrets, birds, reptiles, amphibians, fish and cephalopods
- Covers hot topic areas such as pain research, ethical issues, legal issues and imaging studies