Lawyering and Positive Professional Identities Second Edition (ANZ 2nd ed/2e)
Lawyering and Positive Professional Identities Second Edition (2nd ed/2e) by Duffy & Huggins Field, Rachael Field, James Duffy (Law teacher), Anna Huggins
ISBN/ISSN: 9780409350487Release Date: October 31, 2019
- FORMAT: ORIGINAL PDF/PRINT REPLICA
Lawyering and Positive Professional Identities Second Edition (2nd ed/2e) is designed to help law students successfully navigate the demands of law studies and legal practice through the development of positive professional legal identities. It focuses on the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for law students to be motivated and engaged learners, and psychologically healthy individuals.
Positive lawyering knowledge and practice are central themes, with a particular emphasis on lawyers’ roles as upholders of the rule of law, as dispute resolvers and as ethical professionals. The diverse range of topics includes lawyering, dispute resolution, ethics, resilience and self-management, addressing the threshold learning outcomes for the Australian law curriculum. Throughout, the authors provide practical, experience-based advice on the development of core skills for legal education and practice.
The second edition of this book has been fully revised and offers a refreshed take on the themes of the original edition, reflecting the dynamic and fluid nature of legal education and practice. This book is an essential companion for law students wishing to establish a strong foundation for a successful legal career in the contemporary legal profession.
- Introduces students to positive ways of lawyering
- Develops essential skills including critical thinking, communications skills and reflective practice
- Provides a context for professional practice and ethical behaviour
- Fosters students’ emergent sense of a positive professional legal identity
- Equips students with the capacity to self-manage their study and professional practice on graduation
- Creyke at al, Laying Down the Law, 10th ed, 2018
- Ebejer, LexisNexis Questions & Answers: Legal Practice and Ethics, 3rd ed, 2019
- Esparraga, Ethical Legal Practice and Professional Conduct, 2019