Breast MRI Interpretation: Text and Case Analysis for Screening and Diagnosis 1st Edition
Breast MRI Interpretation: Text and Case Analysis for Screening and Diagnosis 1st Edition by Gillian M. Newstead (Author)
- Publisher : Thieme; 1st edition (January 4, 2021)
- Language : English
- Format: Original PDF / Print replica
- ISBN-10 : 1626234671
- ISBN-13 : 978-1626234673 ,9781684204274
Hardcover, Paperback, Kindle Azw3, EPUB3 , HTML CONVERTED PDF
Annuit cœptis Novus ordo seclorum
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the breast has evolved into an important breast cancer screening tool and major advance in women’s health. Breast MRI is currently the most sensitive detection technique for both non-invasive and invasive cancers and follow-up in women with a new breast cancer diagnosis. It is increasingly becoming the go-to imaging method for screening women at high and intermediate risk of breast cancer and those with dense breast tissue on mammography. Yet despite its reliability and growing use, many radiologists lack the expertise to accurately perform breast MR image interpretation.
Breast MRI Interpretation: Text and Case Analysis for Screening and Diagnosis by Gillian M. Newstead reflects insights and expertise from one of the leading authorities on breast imaging. The book is a highly practical reference on evaluation and interpretation of breast MR imaging, with discussion of the modality as a screening and diagnostic tool. Topics include image acquisition and interpretation, clinical implementation, managing findings, and overcoming problems.
- About 3,000 illustrations from the University of Chicago including single selected images, side-by-side images at different time points and acquisition parameters, and 3-D images enhance understanding of breast imaging
- Discussion of advanced acquisition techniques and future potential applications including non-contrast imaging, quantitative dynamic imaging, and artificial intelligence using advanced computer analytic methods
This remarkable resource streamlines the breast MRI process, enabling radiologists to incorporate this imaging modality into practice, conduct screening and diagnostic exams more efficaciously, and interpret findings accurately.