by Alan W. Partin MD PhD (Editor), Roger R. Dmochowski MD (Editor), Louis R. Kavoussi MD (Editor), Craig A. Peters MD (Editor), Alan J. Wein MD PhD (Hon) FACS (Editor)
- Publisher : Elsevier; 12th edition (March 9, 2020)
- Language : English
- FORMAT ORIGINAL PDF/PRINT REPLICA
- ISBN-10 : 0323546420
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323546423
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
What is Campbell Walsh Wein Urology’s recognized key features?
- Chapter outlines to provide overview of points covered
- Key points throughout make the text easy to read
- Highlighted text is linked to the questions in the Review Book
- Tables, boxes, and algorithms throughout to facilitate quick referencing
- Complete references online with core “suggested reading” printed in the book
- 175+ video clips including all-new videos on perineal ultrasound, abdominoplasty in prune belly syndrome, partial penectomy, low dose rate brachytherapy, and many more
From the basic science underpinnings to the most recent developments in medical and surgical care, Campbell-Walsh-Wein Urology offers a depth and breadth of coverage you won’t find in any other urology reference. Now in three manageable volumes, the revised 12th Edition is a must-have text for students, residents, and seasoned practitioners, with authoritative, up-to-date content in an intuitively organized, easy-to-read format featuring key points, quick-reference tables, and handy algorithms throughout.
- Features shorter, more practical chapters that help you find key information quickly.
- Includes new chapters on Urinary Tract Imaging: Basic Principles of Nuclear Medicine · Ethics and Informed Consent · Incisions and Access · Complications of Urologic Surgery · Urologic Considerations in Pregnancy · Intraoperative Consultation · Special Urologic Considerations in Transgender Individuals · and more.
- Covers hot topics such as minimally invasive and robotic surgery; advancements in urologic oncology, including innovative therapeutics for personalized medicine; new approaches to male infertility; technological advances for the treatment of stones; and advances in imaging modalities.
- Incorporates current AUA/EAU guidelines in each chapter as appropriate
- Updates all chapters with new content, new advances, and current references and best practices. Extensively updated chapters include Urological Immunotherapy, Minimally Invasive Urinary Diversion, and Updated Focal Therapy for Prostate Cancer.
- Features more than 175 video clips, including all-new videos on perineal ultrasound, abdominoplasty in prune belly syndrome, partial penectomy, low dose rate brachytherapy, and many more.
- Written and edited by key opinion leaders, reflecting essential changes and controversies in the field.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
“The urology community will rely on the 12th edition as the definitive reference source for our field. In an increasingly digital age, the ebook is easy to navigate and provides ready access to related video content and high-resolution images. This updated book continues to evolve and include new content, while maintaining helpful features such as Key Points.” -Alana Murphy, MD (Thomas Jefferson University) Doody’s Review Score: 96-4 Stars! Review Get a complete understanding of urology from the preeminent text in the field About the Author Alan W. Partin, MD, PhD David Hall McConnell Professor and Chair Urologist -in-Chief, Department of Urology, Oncology The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions Louis R. Kavoussi, MD, MBA, is Chairman of Urology for Northwell Health and Waldbaum-Gardner Distinguished Professor of Urology at the newly established Zucker School of Medicine. He heads the Arthur Smith Institute for Urology, which is dedicated to the treatment of urological disease through innovative surgical procedures, diagnostics and medical care Craig A. Peters, MD Chief, Division of Surgical Innovation, Technology and Translation Principal Investigator, Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation Children’s National Medical Center Professor of Urology and Pediatrics Alan J. Wein, MD Professor and Chair, Division of Urology University of Pennsylvania Health System