Clinical Immunology : Principles and Practice Sixth Edition
This Core Title is available today
Clinical Immunology: Principles and Practice, 6th Edition, brings you up to date with every aspect of this fast-changing field. It examines the molecular, cellular, and immunologic bases of immunologic diseases and their broader systemic implications; it also includes complete coverage of common and uncommon immunologic disorders. Updated with all the latest immunologic research and clinical implications, including breakthrough immunotherapies and molecular-based treatment protocols, this fully revised edition provides authoritative guidance from some of the most respected global leaders in immunology in one complete, well-illustrated volume.
Clinical Immunology: Principles and Practice 6th Edition
by Robert R. Rich MD (Editor), Thomas A. Fleisher MD FAAAAI FACAAI (Editor), Harry W. Schroeder Jr. II MD PhD (Editor), Cornelia M. Weyand MD PhD (Editor), David B. Corry (Editor), Jennifer M. Puck (Editor)
- Publisher : Elsevier; 6th edition (September 23, 2022)
- Language : English
- FORMAT: ORIGINAL PDF/PRINT REPLICA
- ISBN-10 : 0702081655
- ISBN-13 : 978-0702081651
- Includes extensive revisions that reflect rapidly expanding research and clinical advances, including breakthrough drug and immunotherapies such as immune checkpoint inhibitors, immunotherapies for cancer, precision medicine, and transfusion medicine.
- Contains new chapters on COVID-19, immune responses, and the role of the immune system; immunoregulatory deficiencies; immune checkpoints; CAR T cells, including new cellular-based immunotherapy; gene therapy, including CRISPR and gene selection; and a clinically focused chapter on asthma.
- Provides new genetics content focused on data applications.
- Addresses notable advances in key areas such as the importance of the microbiota to normal immune system development and to the pathogenesis of immunologic and inflammatory diseases; relationships between the innate and adaptive immune systems; progress in rapid and cost-effective genomics; cell signaling pathways and the structure of cell-surface molecules; and many more.
- Covers hot topics such as the role of genetics and genomics in immune response and immunologic disease, atherosclerosis, recurrent fever syndromes, aging and deficiencies of innate immunity, the role of microbiota in normal immune system development and in the pathogenesis of immunologic and inflammatory diseases, and novel therapeutics.
- Features a user-friendly format with color-coded boxes highlighting critical information on Key Concepts, Clinical Pearls, Clinical Relevance, and Therapeutic Principles.
- Summarizes promising research and development anticipated over the next 5–10 years with “On the Horizon” boxes and discussions of translational research.
Stay up to date with both the basic science and clinical aspects of immunology