Dermatology for Advanced Practice Clinicians: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Management 2nd Edition
This Core Title is available today
Focusing on the most common and most critical skin conditions, this expertly-written guide offers essential dermatology knowledge for diagnosing and managing a broad range of skin, hair, and nail conditions. Whether in primary care or full-time dermatology, this comprehensive text is both an ideal foundation for new practitioners and an essential companion to experienced clinicians.
Dermatology for Advanced Practice Clinicians: A Practical Approach to Diagnosis and Management Second, North American Edition
- Publisher : LWW; Second, North American edition (October 27, 2021)
- Language : English
- FORMAT: EPUB + CONVERTED PDF
- ISBN-10 : 1975148355
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975148355
Improve your diagnostic accuracy, dermatology knowledge and skills with evidence-based guidance for management:
- NEW and updated scientific evidence that supports correct diagnoses and treatment
- NEW organization with sections and chapters grouped based on visual characteristics, anatomical location of condition, or by symptom or patient complaint
- More than 600 colorful, high-resolution photos that support prompt, accurate diagnoses
- Numerous charts, tables and detailed images followed by evidenced-based algorithms, pharmacologic management pearls, and NCAA guidelines for treatment of infections
- Practical support for everyday challenges with clearly worded definitions and descriptions of common presentations
- Easy-to-follow format for those in primary care, but comprehensive enough for those in full-time dermatology
- Explains pathophysiology and patient management topics in easy-to-remember terms, including:
- Fundamentals – Structure and function of skin, exam approaches, morphology, dermatologic therapeutics, and photobiology, photoprotection and photodermatoses
- Skin Tumors – Pigmented lesions and melanoma, precancerous and nonmelanoma skin cancers, benign neoplasms
- Acne and related disorders
- Red and Scaly Disorders – Seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, erythroderma, and others
- Infectious Skin Diseases – Superficial fungal and bacterial infections, viral infections, sexually transmitted disease, HIV and the skin
- Infestations, Stings and Bites
- Drugs, Hives and Angioedema – Adverse cutaneous drug reactions
- Inflammatory Skin Diseases – Treating blisters, inflammatory skin disease, vasculitis and purpura
- Specialized Skin Structures – Hair disorders; nail disorders; oral cavity, lips, gums, and tongue; genital dermatoses
- Childhood Skin Disorders
- Common Office-Based Diagnostic and Wound Care Procedures
- Chapter features include:
- Differential Diagnosis – Boxes featuring the most likely differential diagnoses
- Clinical Pearls – Highlighting key points from clinical experts on disease management, including pharmacology
- Clinical Presentations with Skin Findings and Non-Skin Findings
- Management and Patient Education – Bullet points containing prognosis and complications, patient education, follow-up, and referral and consultation topics
About the Clinical Editors
Margaret Bobonich, DNP, FNP-C, DCNP, FAANP, is Assistant Professor of the Department of Dermatology at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, as well as Adjunct Faculty at Florida Atlantic University, Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing, and Director of the Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Residency at University Hospitals Case Medical Center Cleveland, Ohio.
Mary E. Nolen, ANP-BC, DCNP, is the founder of the Dermatology Nurse Practitioner Fellowship, LaHey Clinic, Burlington, MA. She is currently Adjunct Assistant Professor at Florida Atlantic University, Lynn E. Connell School of Nursing in Boca Raton, Florida.
Jeremy Honaker, PhD, MSN, FNP-C, CWOCN, DCNP, is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Dermatology Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine and is a nurse practitioner at University Hospitals of Cleveland Medical Center Department of Dermatology.
Douglas DiRuggiero, DMSc, PA-C, is a certified physician’s assistant at the Skin Cancer & Cosmetic Dermatology Center in Rome, Georgia.