- FORMAT : ORIGINAL PDF /PRINT REPLICA
- ASIN : B09NB468FH
- Publisher : Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (7 Dec. 2021)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 1119715709
- ISBN-13 : 978-1119715702
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
Dermatology Training: The Essentials helps readers understand what is required to work effectively in a demanding clinical dermatology training programme. Developed by the British Association of Dermatologists and British College of Dermatology, this accessible textbook covers all key themes outlined in the 2021 Joint Royal Colleges of Physicians Training Board (JRCPTB) curriculum.
The fundamentals of professional development, clinical practice, general dermatology, therapeutics and procedural dermatology, and specialist areas of dermatology relevant to all UK and international trainees and healthcare professionals are addressed in 29 reader-friendly chapters.
Throughout this highly practical textbook, the expert authors provide tips and advice for handling common clinical situations, developing leadership skills, getting into research and gaining surgical experience, as well as key pearls and pitfalls. The book contains over 70 Specialty Certificate Exam (SCE) questions to assist in exam preparation, and includes contributions from current trainees that offer real insights into day-to-day dermatology training. A must-have for all those involved in the dermatology training process, including educational supervisors, this textbook:
- Provides detailed descriptions of the key themes that trainees in dermatology need to understand
- Features over 500 clinical images, tables and figures including disease presentations in various skin types, and highlights relevant issues relating to skin diversity
- Aligns with the new Capabilities in Practice (CiPs) assessment tool, which evaluates the trainee’s ability to deliver and perform in the workplace
Dermatology Training: The Essentials is highly recommended reading for all trainees in dermatology, doctors taking the Certificate for Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) route to accreditation in dermatology, general practitioners training for an Extended Role (GPwER), and junior doctors and medical students considering a career in dermatology.