Facial Flaps Surgery 1st Edition
by Glenn Goldman (Author), Leonard Dzubow (Author), Christopher Yelverton (Author)
- Publisher : McGraw Hill / Medical; 1st edition (September 3, 2012)
- Language : English
- Format: Original PDF / Print replica
- ISBN-10 : 007174925X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0071749251
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
Facial Flap Surgery delivers ready-to-use insights making surgical protocols more accessible than ever. Combining a text and atlas, this two-in-one resource also features an all-inclusive, yet streamlined presentation that is packed with hundreds of photographs and drawings that take you step by step through every procedure.
Facial Flap Surgery begins with an incisive review of the bioanatomy and mechanics of tissue movement, highlighting how to mobilize soft tissue to reconstruct cutaneous operative wounds. Next is an unsurpassed overview of all flap types, including some never published before: from advancement flaps to rotation and banner flaps. Another section examines the repair of specific facial features, including the nose, ear, lip, and temple. Last, complications such as hematomas and flap failure are covered, helping you achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Illuminates the biomechanical properties and need-to-know subtypes of each flap category
- An atlas of real-life cases that aids you in determining which type of flap will provide optimal surgical outcomes for any patient
- In-depth chapters explain how to effectively utilize each of the flaps in surgeries for specific facial regions