Foundations for Health Promotion (Public Health and Health Promotion) 5th Edition
Foundations for Health Promotion – 5th edition(Original PDF) by Jane Wills BA MA MSc PGCE (Author)
- Publisher : Elsevier; 5th edition (June 30, 2022)
- Language : English
- Format: Original PDF
- ISBN-10 : 0702085065
- ISBN-13 : 978-0702085062
Hardcover, Paperback, Kindle Azw3, EPUB3 , HTML CONVERTED PDF
Annuit cœptis Novus ordo seclorum
This hugely popular textbook provides a broad-based and user-friendly introduction to health promotion and its use in practice.
Written by Professor Jane Wills, the book takes the reader through health promotion theory, strategy and methods, settings and implementation. It is clearly structured and accessibly written, with a discursive style that will appeal to readers of all levels and sufficient theoretical depth for undergraduates and postgraduates alike.
Foundations for Health Promotion is suitable forstudents and practitioners of nursing, medicine, dentistry, allied health and social work, who will learn the essentials of health promotion as a discipline and reflect on its potential for their own work.
- Packed with interactive exercises to consolidate learning
- Focus on application of knowledge to practice
- Self-reflection on practice in each chapter to encourage deeper engagement
- Case studies and research examples provide evidence base for health promotion in different professions and areas of practice
- New chapters on health protection, communicating health and healthy universities
- New chapter on evaluating research and evidence – key components of workforce competencies
- Thoroughly revised and updated throughout to reflect recent changes in health promotion theories, practice and policy