The PDF of Fundamentals of Nursing and Midwifery 4th Edition is a popular foundational nursing text specifically developed for Australian and New Zealand students. This comprehensive resource provides a detailed overview of key information with person-centred care highlighted throughout to focus on the individualistic, interactive and holistic nature of nursing and midwifery practice. It uses accessible language that introduces students to the ‘why’ as well as the ‘how’ of nursing and midwifery. It focuses not only on a person’s physical healthcare needs, but also on the intellectual, emotional, sociocultural and spiritual aspects of care. In this way, students learn to be holistic health care professionals while acquiring the foundational knowledge, procedures and skills required for successful nursing or midwifery practice.
This thoroughly revised and updated fourth edition features a new chapter on caring for a woman throughout pregnancy, birth and early parenting. In addition, it includes progressive case studies, updated content on informatics, the IELTS (the International English Language Testing System) and Occupational English Test (OET), and expanded coverage of mental health and mental illness, discussion on the ISBAR tool as a format for structured handover communication, and integrated in-text references to the Lippincott Procedures, for instant online access to evidence-based procedure guidance at the point of care.
Key features include:
- a holistic person-centred approach to care that provides a framework that encourages the student to maintain a central focus on the person as the recipient of care.
- clearly outlined key clinical skills with procedures explained step by step
- reflective practice and clinical reasoning introduced and explained within the framework of the Thoughtful Person-centred Practice model
- short clinical scenarios, and critical thinking questions that encourage the reader to stop, reflect and analyse the text discussion.
- Australian and New Zealand cultural and legislative references
- information on Nursing Informatics that helps prepare students for the modern care environment.
- Integrated references to the Lippincott Procedures, providing an online source for instant, evidence-based procedure guidance at the point of care.
3 reviews for Fundamentals of Nursing & and Midwifery 4th Edition
There are no reviews yet.