- Publisher : Elsevier; 11th edition (March 18, 2022)
- Language : English
- FORMAT: EPUB + CONVERTED PDF
- ISBN-10 : 0729543595
- ISBN-13 : 978-0729543590
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
Havard’s Nursing Guide to Drugs is an indispensable tool for reliable, accurate and up-to-date drug information.
The guide is easy to access and user-friendly. It provides all the medication information you need to know, with drugs classified by both therapeutic class and body system, and referred to by both trade and generic name. The book includes best practice in drug administration as well as patient teaching information to improve care.
This edition has been comprehensively reviewed and updated to ensure that usage, dose, side effects, contraindications and precautions are consistent with current Australian pharmaceutical guidelines.
- Available forms, action, use, dosage, adverse effects and interactions
- Formulae to calculate drug doses and drip rates
- All drugs listed by therapeutic class and body system
- Nursing points, including administration advice and cautions
- Patient education notes
- Midwifery/pregnancy considerations
- An eBook included in all print purchases
- Updates to all entries
- New drugs including immunomodifying agents, antineoplastic agents and metabolic disorder agents
- Guidance on drugs ‘Not to be crushed’