Maternal Child Nursing Care 6th Edition
This Core Title is available today
- Format Original PDF / PRINT REPLICA
- ASIN : 0323549381
- Publisher : Mosby; 6th edition (October 16, 2017)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 9780323549387
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323549387
- Focus on the family throughout emphasizes the influence of the entire family in health and illness.
- Expert authors of the market-leading maternity and pediatric nursing textbooks combine to ensure delivery of the most accurate, up-to-date content.
- Critical thinking case studies offer you opportunities to test and develop your analytical skills and apply knowledge in various settings.
- Nursing Care Plans include rationales for interventions and provide you with an overview and specific guidelines for delivering effective nursing care.
- Nursing Alerts highlight critical information that you need to know when treating patients.
- Guidelines boxes outline nursing procedures in an easy-to-follow format.
- Emergency boxes in the maternity unit guide you through step-by-step emergency procedures.
- Home Care boxes detail important information that you need to deliver care to patients and families in the home setting.
- Atraumatic Care boxes in the pediatric unit teach you how to provide competent and effective care to pediatric patients with the least amount of physical or psychological stress.
- Community Focus boxes emphasize community issues, provide resources and guidance, and illustrate nursing care in a variety of settings.
- Patient Teaching boxes in the maternity unit highlight important information nurses need to communicate to patients and families.
- Cultural Competence boxes equip you with the knowledge you need to deliver culturally competent care.
- Family-Centered Care boxes draw attention to the needs or concerns of families that you should consider to provide family-centered care.
- Medication Guides serve as an important reference of drugs and their interactions.
- NEW! New chapter on pediatric cancer gives you the most up-to-date information on the latest topics.
- EXPANDED! Additional information on sexuality in the maternity section.
- EXPANDED! More content on spirituality in the family, culture, and spiritual chapters.
- EXPANDED and UPDATED! New content about LBGTQ+ included in the Transition to Parenthood chapter.
- NEW! Information on victims of sexual abuse as parents and human trafficking helps prepare you to handle these delicate issues.
- NEW and UPDATED! Case studies emphasize interprofessional care, demonstrating how nursing must collaborate with other health care disciplines to provide the most comprehensive care possible to women and children.
- UPDATED! Nursing Care Plans now incorporate case studies to personalize interventions and promote critical thinking.