Hematology and Transfusion Medicine: Neonatology: Questions & Controversies Fourth Edition by Robin K Ohls MD (Editor), Akhil Maheshwari MD (Editor), Robert D. Christensen MD (Editor), Richard A. Polin MD
- Publisher : Elsevier; 4th edition (November 14, 2023)
- Language : English
- Format: True PDF / Print replica
- ISBN-10 : 0323880762
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323880763
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
Dr. Richard Polin’s Neonatology Questions and Controversies series highlights the toughest challenges facing physicians and care providers in clinical practice, offering trustworthy guidance on up-to-date diagnostic and treatment options in the field. In each volume, renowned experts address the clinical problems of greatest concern to today’s practitioners, helping you handle difficult practice issues and provide optimal, evidence-based care to every patient.
The thoroughly updated, full-color, 4th Edition of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine:
- Provides a clear management strategy for complications in premature infants resulting from hematologic and immunologic systems that are not yet fully developed, offering guidance based on the most up-to-date understanding of underlying pathophysiology.
- Places emphasis on controversial areas that can entail different approaches.
- Features the most current clinical information throughout, including challenging issues in neonatal hematology such as anemia, transfusions, jaundice, leukocyte counts, and thrombocytopenia.
- Includes new chapters on neonatal transfusion medicine, with in-depth evaluations of fetal and neonatal iron homeostasis and risk factors for iron deficiency, and up-to-date information on improvements in bilirubin assessment and management.
- Utilizes a consistent chapter organization to help you find information quickly and easily, and contains numerous charts, graphs, radiographic images, and photographs throughout.
- Offers the most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who share their knowledge of new trends and developments in neonatal care.