Neonatology: Questions & Controversies Second ed Infectious Disease, Immunology, and Pharmacology by William Benitz MD (Editor), James L. Wynn MD (Editor), P. Brian Smith (Editor), Richard A. Polin MD (Editor)
- Publisher : Elsevier; 2nd edition (November 14, 2023)
- Language : English
- Format : EPUB + CONVERTED PDF
- ISBN-10 : 0323879063
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323879064
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
Dr. Richard Polin’s Neonatology Questions and Controversies series highlights the toughest challenges facing physicians and care providers in clinical practice, offering trustworthy guidance on up-to-date diagnostic and treatment options in the field. In each volume, renowned experts address the clinical problems of greatest concern to today’s practitioners, helping you handle difficult practice issues and provide optimal, evidence-based care to every patient. The thoroughly updated, full-color, 2nd Edition of Infectious Disease, Immunology, and Pharmacology:
- Provides a clear management strategy for common and rare neonatal infectious diseases, offering guidance based on the most up-to-date understanding of underlying pathophysiology.
- Places emphasis on controversial areas that can entail different approaches.
- Features the most current clinical information throughout, including a new immunology section that covers inborn errors of immunity presenting in the newborn period and clinical and molecular markers for diagnosis of neonatal sepsis.
- Includes new chapters on COVID-19; congenital syphilis; gonococcal eye prophylaxis; organ dysfunction in sepsis and necrotizing enterocolitis; and drug-associated acute kidney injury.
- Utilizes a consistent chapter organization to help you find information quickly and easily, and contains numerous charts, graphs, radiographic images, and photographs throughout.
- Offers the most authoritative advice available from world-class neonatologists who share their knowledge of new trends and developments in neonatal care.