Ensure you thoroughly understand the intricate details of providing effective care for adults as they age. Ebersole & Hess’ Toward Healthy Aging, 10th Edition is the only comprehensive gerontological nursing text that effectively communicates how to provide holistic care, promote healthy lives, and address end-of-life issues and concerns. Grounded in the core competencies recommended by the AACN in collaboration with the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing, the tenth edition has been extensively revised and updated with shorter, more streamlined chapters and pedagogical features to facilitate learning. It covers the areas of safety and ethical considerations, genetics, communication with the patient and caregiver, promoting health in persons with conditions commonly occurring in later-life world-wide addressing loss and palliative care and much more. Special sections provide an honest look at the universal experience of aging and the nurse’s role in the reduction of health disparities and inequities as a member of the global community. Plus, it contains a variety of new learning features that focus on applying research and thinking critically in when providing care to aging adults across the care continuum.
- UPDATED COPD guidelines ensure you understand the latest information used by clinicians.
- UPDATED Theories of Aging chapter discusses the latest covers current findings on this timely issue.
- UPDATED Information on medication use and misuse instructs you in what to look for when working with prescription medications.
- UPDATED chapters incorporate the latest information on timely topics such as Palliative Care and Sleep.
- UPDATED Wound care guidelines reflect nationally recognized standards.
- UPDATED Information on LGBT family relationships and sexuality in older adults.
- A Student Speaks and An Elder Speaks sections at the beginning of every chapter provide honest and candid thoughts from students and elders.
- Learning objectives found at the beginning of every chapter help you to identify the primary take away messages they should learn from the chapter.
- Promoting Healthy Aging: Implications for Gerontological Nursing sections provide best practice guidelines for management and promotion of wellness for older adults with chronic illness and those at the end of life.
- Key concepts are bulleted at the end of every chapter to provide a quick review of the most important concepts found in the chapter.
- Nursing Studies provide practice examples designed to assist you in assessment, planning, interventions, and outcomes to promote healthy aging
- Critical Thinking Questions and Activities assist you in developing critical thinking skills related to chapter and nursing study content and include suggestions for in-classroom activities to enhance learning.
- Content consistent with the core competencies for geriatric nursing incorporates the Recommended Baccalaureate Competencies and Curricular Guidelines for the Nursing Care of Older Adults, the Geriatric Nursing Education State of the Science Papers, and the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing Best Practices in Nursing Care to Older Adults.
- The latest information on biological theories of aging and evolving genomic research covers current findings on these timely issues.
- Research Highlights Boxes highlight important research studies in the field of gerontology
- Research Questions found at the end of chapters gives you a chance to do further research outside of your book study to give you a better grasp of the field as a whole.
- Safety Alert Boxes emphasize important safety tips to consider while working in a clinical setting.
- Resources for Best Practice boxes contain suggestions for further information on various chapter topics and tools for practice.
- Tips for Best Practice boxes feature summarized lists of evidence-based nursing interventions for practice.
- Healthy People boxes reference the goals cited in Healthy People 2020.
- NEW! Additional coverage of frailty in older adults helps you to understand the precautions you need to take when working with this population.
- NEW! Increased information on Health Literacy assists you in learning the right terms to promote healthy aging.
- NEW! Added information on herbs/supplements includes essential oils and green tea.
3 reviews for Ebersole & Hess’ Toward Healthy Aging : Human Needs and Nursing Response 10th Edition
There are no reviews yet.