- FORMAT : ORIGINAL PDF /PRINT REPLICA
- ASIN : B09MHD1F4P
- Publisher : Elsevier (November 17, 2021)
- Publication date : November 17, 2021
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 0702082619
- ISBN-13 : 978-0702082610
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
FORMAT : ORIGINAL PDF /PRINT REPLICA.
Evidence shows that a multidisciplinary approach to Parkinson’s care provides better patient outcomes and is more cost effective. This new title provides a practical guide to this approach, with the perspective of the person living with Parkinson’s firmly at its core.
Written by experts in their field and firmly grounded in up-to-date evidence, Parkinson’s Disease: A Multidisciplinary Guide to Management addresses multidisciplinary intervention through the various stages of disease, rather than by discipline. It covers all aspects of care, from pharmacological management to non-drug interventions that are helpful for Parkinson’s symptoms.
This book is unique in its holistic approach to the patient and their family, and will help all members of the team to implement a biopsychosocial model of health that puts the person with Parkinson’s at the centre of care.
- Clinician-led content provides perspectives of different members of the interdisciplinary team, including medics, nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and psychologists
- Includes practical advice and top tips enhance management of common problems
- Includes best practice for Parkinson’s as well as Atypical Parkinsonian Syndromes – Progressive Supranuclear Palsy, Corticobasal Syndrome and Multiple System Atrophy
- Includes management of falls and bone health, palliative care, management of inpatients
- Provides practical advice on delivering services remotely by telephone or video