McKenna’s Pharmacology for nursing and health professionals 3rd Edition
This Core Title is available today
- FORMAT: EPUB + CONVERTED PDF
Publication Date January 10, 2022
McKenna’s Pharmacology for Nursing and Health Professionals delivers essential pharmacological information in easy-to-learn steps, helping you to build a solid grounding in the principles of drug therapy, before introducing more complex learning objectives such as pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics.
This third edition emphasises “need-to-know” concepts for today’s nurses. Learning features include:
- A clear focus on pharmacology and therapeutics.
- Prescribing information for the nursing practitioner.
- Therapeutic drug actions and indications, contraindications, adverse effects and clinically important drug interactions.
- Emphasis on therapeutic reasoning and patient safety.
- Safe medication administration, patient/family teaching and a focus on evidence-based practice ensure learners are ready for a real-world clinical setting.
- Reflective practice-cultural and patient-centred considerations, as well as drug therapy across the lifespan, encourage critical thinking and reflective practice.
- Calculation reviews reinforce drug calculation knowledge and hone clinical skills.
- Test yourself case-based critical thinking exercises and review questions test what you have learned and help you prepare for exams.
New content additions for this third edition include:
- Clinical decision-making in drug therapy.
- Attention to clinical reasoning and prescribing.
- Information on novel anticancer agents.
- Basic information on policy and the law within the healthcare environment.
thePoint online resources for students and instructors
- A wide array of resources for students and instructors, including Watch and Learn videos, Practice and Learn videos, Concepts in Action animations, quizzes, discussion topics and answers, journal articles and PowerPoint presentations.
Each book purchase now includes a complimentary enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click