- FORMAT: EPUB + CONVERTED PDF
Publication Date January 10, 2022
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
McKenna’s Pharmacology for Nursing and Health Professionals delivers essential pharmacological information in easy-to-learn steps, helping you to build a solid grounding in the principles of drug therapy, before introducing more complex learning objectives such as pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics.
This third edition emphasises “need-to-know” concepts for today’s nurses. Learning features include:
- A clear focus on pharmacology and therapeutics.
- Prescribing information for the nursing practitioner.
- Therapeutic drug actions and indications, contraindications, adverse effects and clinically important drug interactions.
- Emphasis on therapeutic reasoning and patient safety.
- Safe medication administration, patient/family teaching and a focus on evidence-based practice ensure learners are ready for a real-world clinical setting.
- Reflective practice-cultural and patient-centred considerations, as well as drug therapy across the lifespan, encourage critical thinking and reflective practice.
- Calculation reviews reinforce drug calculation knowledge and hone clinical skills.
- Test yourself case-based critical thinking exercises and review questions test what you have learned and help you prepare for exams.
New content additions for this third edition include:
- Clinical decision-making in drug therapy.
- Attention to clinical reasoning and prescribing.
- Information on novel anticancer agents.
- Basic information on policy and the law within the healthcare environment.
Each book purchase now includes a complimentary enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click