Pharmacology for Health Professionals 5th Edition
This Core Title is available today
by Kathleen Knights BSc (Hons) PhD Grad Cert Tertiary Education (Author), Andrew Rowland PhD BSc (Hons) (Author), Shaunagh Darroch BSc MPharm GradCertAcaPrac (Author)
- Publisher : Elsevier; 5th edition (February 20, 2019)
- Format: ORIGINAL PDF / PRINT REPLICA
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 0729542750
- ISBN-13 : 978-0729542753
Pharmacology for Health Professionals, fifth edition, introduces essential pharmacology principles and concepts required to understand the therapeutic effects and clinical uses of current drugs and medicines.
Written for allied health sciences and nursing students and underpinned by current evidence-based medicine, this substantially updated edition continues to cover topics vital to a holistic understanding of pharmacology. These topics include historical, legal and ethical considerations, pharmacokinetics, and the therapeutic applications and adverse effects of current Australian and New Zealand drugs.
- Drug Monographs, Clinical Interest Boxes, Drug Interactions tables, and lists of key terms and abbreviations throughout the text help readers to master difficult concepts
- Icons highlight discipline-specific content with additional resources available on evolve
- Anatomy and physiology integrated throughout
- Contemporary figures, tables and illustrations help readers to understand the mechanisms of drug action