Practical Pulmonary Pathology: A Diagnostic Approach (Pattern Recognition) 4th Edition
by Maxwell L. Smith MD (Editor), Kevin O. Leslie MD (Editor), Mark R. Wick MD (Editor)
- FORMAT: ORIGINAL PDF/PRINT REPLICA
- ISBN-10 : 0323795471 ISBN-13 : 978-0323795470
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
helps you arrive at an accurate diagnosis by using a pattern-based approach. Leading diagnosticians in pulmonary pathology offer practical assistance in identifying all major neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of the lungs, guiding you from a pathological pattern through the appropriate work-up, around the pitfalls, and to the best diagnosis. More than 1,000 high-quality illustrations capture key morphologic patterns for a full range of common and rare conditions and assist in the interpretation of complex diagnostic puzzles. A unique “visual index at the beginning of the book directs you to the exact chapter and specific page you need for in-depth diagnostic guidance.
- Helps you quickly recognize the vast variety of appearances of the lung that result from infections, tumors, and tumor-like lesions, both malignant and benign.
- Discusses advances in molecular diagnostic testing, its capabilities and its limitations, including targeted/personalized medicine.
- Incorporates clinicopathologic background and relevant data from ancillary techniques (immunohistochemistry, cytogenetics, and molecular genetics), giving you the tools you need to master the latest breakthroughs in diagnostic technology.
- Covers the latest TNM staging and WHO classification systems, as well as new diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnosis, newly described variants, and new histologic entities.