Saunders Nursing Drug Handbook 2024 provides you with current, detailed information on more than 1,000 generic and 4,000 trade name drugs. This handy, user-friendly guide includes updated uses, dosage forms, warnings, side effects and adverse reactions, IV drug administration, nursing considerations, and much more. Organized alphabetically by generic drug name for quick reference, this book stands out from the others in guiding the nurse through the steps essential to quality patient care. New drug monographs cover 12 new FDA-approved medications!
- More than 1,000 generic name drugs, encompassing over 4,000 trade name drugs, are organized alphabetically with A-to-Z tabs for quick and easy access.
- UNIQUE! Herbal information is included in the appendix and on the Evolve website,covering the interactions and effects of commonly encountered herbs.
- Detailed information for each drug includes side effects listed by frequency, and adverse effects and reactions requiring prompt intervention.
- Drugs by Disorder are listed in the front of the book for easy reference, showing common disorders and the drugs most often used for treatment.
- Drug Classifications section features an overview of actions and uses for drug families.
- Black Box Alerts and High Alert drugs are highlighted topromote safe administration of drugs that pose the greatest risk for patient harm, and Do Not Confuse With warnings call out drug names that sound alike or look alike.
- Top 100 Drugs list helps you easily identify the most frequently administered drugs.
- Cross-references to the 400 top U.S. brand-name drugs are located throughout the book for easy access.
- List of newly approved medications in the front of the book makes it easy to locate the latest drugs.
There are no reviews yet.