Sex and Gender Based Analysis in Public Health 1st ed. 2021 Edition PDF
Language : English
FORMAT: ORIGINAL PDF/PRINT REPLICA
ISBN-10 : 3030719286
ISBN-13 : 978-3030719289
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
Written by Jacqueline Gahagan (Editor), Mary K. Bryson (Editor)
Publisher : Springer; 1st ed. 2021 edition (June 18, 2021)
The Canadian government is a global leader in seeking gender equity and mandating SGBA in federal initiatives, programs, and policies, continuing to advocate for the uptake of SGBA. However, there is differential uptake of SGBA in many fields, and public health is lagging behind. This book analyses the movement toward SGBA in Canada and internationally, highlighting some key examples of public health concern such as HIV/AIDS and tobacco use.
An international group of experts in the fields of SGBA, public health, program evaluation, policy development, and research comprise the authorship of the book. Collectively, the team of authors and editors have deep expertise in SGBA and public health nationally and internationally and have published widely in the SGBA literature.
Topics explored among the chapters – organized under three thematic content areas: the SGBA terrain in public health, illustrative examples from the field, and the implications of SGBA in public health – include:
- Sex- and Gender-Based Analyses and Advancing Population Health
- Beyond “Women’s Cancers”: Sex and Gender in Cancer Health and Care
- Women, Alcohol and the Public Health Response – Moving Forward from Avoidance, Inattention and Inaction to Gender-Based Design
- Understanding Pandemics Through a Sex- and Gender-Based Analysis Plus (SGBA+) Lens
- Sex- and Gender-Based Analysis and the Social Determinants of Health: Public Health, Human Rights and Incarcerated Youth
- Gender-Transformative Public Health Approaches etc