- Format Original PDF /PRINT REPLICA
- Publisher : McGraw Hill / Medical; 3rd edition (November 3, 2021)
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 126011788X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1260117882
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
The ONLY handbook on pediatric hospitalist medicine!
Focusing specifically on caring for pediatric patients in the hospital setting, this unique handbook addresses more than 350 of the most commonly encountered inpatient pediatric medical conditions. Unlike similar handbooks on the subject, The Philadelphia Guide: Inpatient Pediatrics goes beyond diagnostic strategies to include complete treatment and management guidelines.
The emphasis on the treatment of so many inpatient conditions makes the book valuable for practitioners of all levels―from attending physicians to physician assistants, advanced practice nurses, pediatric nurses, and health practitioners from all disciplines involved in the care of pediatric patients in the hospital setting. Designed for immediate access, the handbook features alphabetized clinical sections and consistent chapter subheadings to make the book especially useful at the point of care.
- Practical diagnostic strategies
- Extensive differential diagnosis suggestions
- Up-to-date treatment and management guidelines
- Content designed both for easy browsing and pinpointing specific information
- Alphabetical organization within chapters for rapid access
- Structured format with consistent headings throughout
- Bulleted content for efficient and effective access to relevant information
- Tables listing pediatric dosages for emergency, airway, and rapid sequence intubation medications, as well as defibrillation and cardioversion protocols
- Practical appendices covering normal vital signs and pediatric blood pressure values