Transcultural Nursing: Assessment and Intervention 8th Edition
This Core Title is available today
Transcultural Nursing: Assessment and Intervention 8th Edition. Publisher : Elsevier; 8th edition (March 10, 2020)
- Format ORIGINAL PDF / PRINT REPLICA
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 032369554X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323695541
Provide quality care for clients from culturally diverse backgrounds! Transcultural Nursing, 8th Edition shows you how to apply assessment and intervention strategies to individuals from a variety of different cultures. Based on Giger and Davidhizer’s unique transcultural model, this text helps you design culturally sensitive care with use of the six key aspects of cultural assessment: communication, time, space, social organization, environmental control, and biologic variations. Written by nursing educators Joyce Newman Giger and Linda G. Haddad, Transcultural Nursing shows how an understanding of cultural variations and individual patient needs will help you provide safe and effective care.
- UNIQUE! The six key aspects of cultural assessment each receive a full chapter of coverage, allowing you to also apply the Transcultural Assessment Model to cultures not covered in the text.
- Case studies and critical decision-making questions help you apply the assessment framework to practice.
- 23 chapters on specific cultural groups apply this assessment model to the clients most commonly encountered in United States health care settings, with nearly all chapters written by contributors who are part of that ethnic group.
- Client care plans in culture-specific chapters show how to apply principles to the needs of individuals.
- Review questions reinforce your understanding of cultural principles, with answers found in the back of the book.
- Discussions of spirituality throughout the text provide a holistic, integrated approach to culture, beliefs, and assessment.
- NEW co-author Dr. Linda Haddad is an internationally recognized cultural scholar who has taught nursing around the globe, has acted as an advisor and coordinator for the World Health Organization, and has published over 30 scholarly articles on nursing with a focus on understanding the cultural implication to care.
- UPDATED! Cultural chapters are completely revised to reflect the shifting experiences of cultural groups in our society.