- FORMAT : ORIGINAL PDF /PRINT REPLICA
- ASIN : B09B1DW8KW
- Publisher : McGraw Hill / Medical; 1st edition (November 5, 2021)
- Publication date : November 5, 2021
- Language : English
- ISBN-10 : 1264269072
- ISBN-13 : 978-1264269075
Blue texts are Keyword Links.
When red blood cells do not have enough hemoglobin, oxygen cannot reach all parts of the body―as a result, organs start to malfunction and may lead to a host of issues including deformities, enlarged spleen, heart problems and other diseases. There are myriad red cell disorders, such as iron deficiency anemia, pernicious anemia, aplastic anemia, autoimmune hemolytic anemia, sickle cell, thalassemia and other hemoglobinopathies.
The Red Cells and its Diseases provides clinicians with a practical diagnostic and treatment framework for identifying and successfully managing acute, congenital, and chronic red blood cell disorders. Presented in an accessible template format, the book includes classifications, etiology and pathogenesis, clinical and laboratory features, differential diagnosis, treatment, management, and supportive care.
This comprehensive, yet concise resource covers:
- Structure and physiology of the red cell
- Classification of red cell diseases
- Diseases of red cell production
- Anemias resulting principally from inherited disorders
- Anemia as a result of exogenous factors
- Polyclonal erythrocytosis